Looks like North Valley Baptist Church doesn’t like people knowing what is in its staff handbook:
What are they so afraid that people will find out?
Whatever it is, you can still feel free to read the entire thing right here.
When I saw that Josh had written a list of five practical ways to increase soul winning results I naturally thought that as someone who is a paid professional soul winner, he’d have some interesting insights.
Then I read the list.
Allow me to summarize:
1. Do it more often.
2. Do it to more people.
3. Do it more often.
4. Do it to more people.
5. Do it to more people (and a lot more often).
You’d think that a crowd of people who’s mandate is solely focused on scouring all of land and sea to make disciples would at least have developed some really good techniques for badgering, bullying, and buttonholing people into the kingdom.
But this? Even used car salesmen have better material than this.
(photo credit: reddit)
We don’t let our women wear pants, attend our neighbor’s Super Bowl Sunday party, or go to the movie theater in the name of “testimony.”
Settling accusations of non-payment with a guy driving a sign all over town? Hey, lets not get too crazy with things that cost actual money!
6. Tonight is a celebration of evil. I know this because I wasn’t invited to anything due to how not evil I am.
5. Candy not used to lure children onto church buses is candy wasted.
4. Jesus never dressed up as anything but Jesus (and Jesus costumes are only allowed at Easter).
2. The only thing scarier than people celebrating Satan is people celebrating the Reformation.
1. On an unrelated note, Harvest Festival starts at 7. Don’t be late.