10. He doesn’t like women very much.
9. Brown people bother him too.
8. He believes in suits so much he has his own line of them.
7. Wants to pay everybody the same way most fundies pay their staff.
6. He’s the undisputed king of the comb-over.
5. He loves to insult people.
4. …almost as much as he loves building new buildings to glorify himself.
3. And man, does he know how to pack a pew.
2. He’s also got a great TV outreach program. (And knows how to fudge the numbers on it.)
1. He’s a rich and powerful white Republican. I mean…do you really need another reason?
The election season is always a fun time in fundamentalism as strange times make for even stranger bedfellows. In this case, Ted Cruz has put on his nightgown and headed for Bob Jones University to hold a Religious Liberty Rally.
As anybody who follows politics will know, the location picked for campaign events are never accidental. Unfortunately, the “religious freedom” fight that Bob Jones is known for is the fight for tax-exempt status back in 1983 over the university’s refusal to allow inter-racial dating. Apparently Cruz thinks that this issue of “no taxation without miscegenation” is still a winner with some part of the country.
As a connoisseur of both political and religious chicanery, it’s fascinating to me to see how the left and right have approached this issue in the same way by comparing marriage equality issues with racial equality ones.
While the Left trumpets a message of: “you don’t want to side with the fundamentalist racists!”, the Right is apparently yelling back “You don’t want to be like the people who made the fundamentalist racists pay taxes!”
It’s all going to be very, very interesting.
I hope everybody from God’s Country(TM) has a great 4th! (The rest of you can have whatever day your socialist overlords order you to)
Buckle up, folks, we’ve got a live one today. Don Boys (Ph.D) is a fundamental Baptist preacher who was also elected to the Indiana House of Representatives, and was identified by the media as the ”most conservative member of the General Assembly.” And with good reason.
His articles include telling us why Jesus Wouldn’t Raise the Minimum Wage and a treatise on whether or not animals go to heaven.
He also runs websites muslimfact.com and TheGodHaters.com.
This can’t be real. Right? I mean nobody would seriously do this. Would they?