Here are five more quick things I’ve learned about blogging in the last five years:
1. Pick how frequently you’ll post and then stick to it. Good blogging is a job and has to be treated like one.
2. Write short. Short stuff gets read.
3. Perfect isn’t the goal; practice is. Learning how to do what you do is never over.
4. In writing, big enough failures are their own kind of success.
5. Stay on topic. For an example of what happens when you don’t, look at the engagement level on this week’s posts.
Thanks for putting up with Writing Week, folks. We’ll be back to the regularly scheduled insanity soon.