SFL House Rules - Printable Version
+- SFL Forum (http://www.stufffundieslike.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Meet & Greet (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: SFL House Rules (/showthread.php?tid=3133)
SFL House Rules - Darrell - 12-11-2011 10:03 AM
As our community here continues to grow and diversify I thought it might be a good idea to put up a few very simply formal guidelines for the forum that should be plain common sense but probably need to be said anyway.
1. Be respectful. SFL members span a wide range of religious and political beliefs and backgrounds. Many of us are still coming to terms with our experiences with fundamentalism and religion and SFL is one of the only spaces where we can find support through this process. It's okay to disagree and debate, but keep it civil.
2. Be Safe. Use your best judgment and avoid posting risque personal pictures or personal information. Anonymous identities notwithstanding, SFL is a public forum that receives a lot of traffic every month. Anything you post can potentially be viewed by Internet creeps and pervs, PMed to other members, or emailed to your mom, your pastor, and the National Enquirer. We do our best to keep your privacy safe but there are no absolute guarantees.
3. Be kind. No abuse, cyberbullying, spamming, or trolling. While profanity and heated discussion of controversial topics are fine, we do not tolerate abusive language towards others, harassment, or racial, religious, ethnic, or sexual slurs.
4. No porn. There are millions of porn sites on the Internet. SFL isn't one of them. Don't post it, don't link it, don't send it to other members. Let's keep this site both family- and work-friendly.
5. The mods are not the enemy. If you're asked by a moderator to start a new thread or to desist from posting something please do so. You can always appeal directly to Darrell with your concerns and each case will be evaluated on an individual basis.
6. Chill out and have fun! Don't take things too personally or seriously. At the end of the day, this a place where we try to have a good time with other random people from the Internet who share similar backgrounds. If you get too intense, you're doing it wrong.
RE: SFL House Rules - laurat99 - 12-11-2011 01:30 PM
Also (guys) don't forget to put the toilet seat down after using the toilet.
RE: SFL House Rules - Darrell - 12-11-2011 01:45 PM
I'm a firm believer that adults of both genders are perfectly capable of adjusting the toilet seat from whatever position they find it in to the one they prefer.
RE: SFL House Rules - boymom - 12-11-2011 02:57 PM
Could you list some of the millions of porn sites on the Internet? I need to do some ... research for a ... paper. I mean a class. I mean for personal edification.
RE: SFL House Rules - RobMille - 12-11-2011 04:19 PM
Horay for leaving the toilet seat up as I choose!
RE: SFL House Rules - notdrinkingthekoolaid - 12-11-2011 04:42 PM
If the toilet seats are up for debate, can we agree to having the toilet paper roll over the top?
(I'm scandalous...I know.)
RE: SFL House Rules - laurat99 - 12-11-2011 04:58 PM
(12-11-2011 01:45 PM)Darrell Wrote: I'm a firm believer that adults of both genders are perfectly capable of adjusting the toilet seat from whatever position they find it in to the one they prefer.
You've never gone to sit on the toilet in the middle of the night and fallen in, have you? I'm forever grateful to my MIL for teaching my husband to put the seat down every time.
RE: SFL House Rules - Darrell - 12-11-2011 04:59 PM
Quote:You've never gone to sit on the toilet in the middle of the night and fallen in, have you?
No. Because I look before I leap so to speak.
RE: SFL House Rules - RobMille - 12-11-2011 07:30 PM
I feel like plopping down with no clue whether the seat or cover is down is just asking for trouble. If I can't leave the seat up, can I at least pee in the sink?
And I wholly endorse toilet paper over the top! What am I some kind of anarchist or something?
RE: SFL House Rules - Don - 12-11-2011 07:41 PM
I'z can squeeze toothpaste from middle?